Sandy Disrupts Moorestown Reassessment
The township has provided an updated timeline for the reassessment process as a result of Hurricane Sandy.
Among the many things disrupted by Hurricane Sandy was the township reassessment being performed by Appraisal Systems, Inc.
As a result of the delay, the inspection process will proceed through December, according to a release from the township. An updated timeline for when new assessments will be mailed to property owners, and other information, is provided below:
- Jan. 2 through Jan. 11 — Notice of new assessment mailed to residential property owners.
- Jan. 7 through Feb. 1 — Informal review period for residents to meet with Appraisal Systems, Inc. Locations to be announced.
- Feb. 15 — 2013 tax List deadline
- May 1 — Formal appeal deadline to the Burlington County Board of Taxation
- June, July and August — Formal appeal hearings at the Burlington County Board of Taxation
- July — New tax bills based on reassessed values
The township wished to thank all residents for their patience and cooperation during this stage of the reassessment.
Anyone with questions or comments should contact Appraisal Systems, Inc. at 201-493-8530, www.asinj.com or the assessor's office at 856-914-3011 or email@example.com, or township manager Scott Carew at 856-235-0912, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information provided by the township assessor's office.