If you're anything like me, you get stumped a lot trying to figure out where the best places to eat around town are.
Websites like Yelp! have empowered the everyday eater to become their local neighborhood's food critic, praising and damning behind the anonymity of a computer screen.
So what do your neighbors have to say on Yelp? Based on Yelp!'s star ranking, here are five of the top-rated restaurants in Moorestown:
- A Battered Tartan (4 stars) — This tiny eatery (less than 400 square feet) is sort of a cult favorite, and was named SJ Magazine's "Best Lunch Spot (that nobody knows about)" in 2012. The restaurant features an eclectic menu, specializing in authentic fish and chips and modern British fare. Check our directory listing or the restaurant's website for more information, including hours, address and phone number.
- Passariello's (4 stars) — A Main Street mainstay, Passariello's has been serving pizza and Italian food since 1985. Sit and enjoy dishes such as chicken cacciatore, veal patty parmigiana, stuffed shells or shrimp marinara with pasta, or grab a slice to go (there's plenty of variety) or a cheesecake for dessert for the whole family. Passariello's also offers a private room in the back for parties, catering, carry-out, and delivery. (And they're in the process of renovating.) Check our directory listing for more information, including hours, address and phone number.
- Pei Wei Asian Diner (4 stars) — Located just outside the Moorestown Mall, Pei Wei is an authentic restaurant that offers five different cuisines. It has a vast variety of signature dishes, along with salads, soups, noodles and rice bowls. It also offers small plates for those who don't want large portions. It's a great place for fine cuisine in a unique and fun setting. Check our directory listing for more information, including hours, address and phone number.
- Blue Fig Cafe (4 stars) — One of Moorestown's newest restaurants, Blue Fig specializes in Mediterranean cuisine, including grilled lamb chops, chargrilled chicken and various takes on kebabs that blend house spices and herbs. The establishment is run by a pair of Middle Eastern restaurateurs. Visit their website to learn more about the restaurant and make a reservation today.
- Akira2 Japanese Restaurant (4 stars) — Akira2 offers a wide array of sushi, sashimi and traditional Japanese entrees in a beautifully decorated Asian setting. Hibachi is also featured, and can be enjoyed in a private room that seats up to 12 people. Bonus: If you decide to have your birthday dinner at Akira2, you can have your birthday photo posted on its Facebook page (if you're into that kind of thing). Check our directory listing for more information, including hours, address and phone number.
And these are just a few of the best restaurants in Moorestown. There are plenty of other four-star establishments in town. Check out Moorestown Patch's directory of local eateries and make up your own mind.
Do you agree or disagree? Think we missed a great restaurant? Let us know in the comments section.