Moorestown author David J. Friedman will discuss and sign copies of his new book Fundamentally Different at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 5, at the .
In addition to being a writer and frequent speaker on organizational culture, leadership and values, Friedman is the former president of RSI, an award-winning employee benefits brokerage and consulting firm. Known for his compelling logic and easy-to-understand style, Friedman shares the most important insights he learned during his 27-year career leading one of the most successful companies in his industry.
But Friedman’s “Fundamentals” aren’t just about business.
He says of the book, “Whether you lead an organization, lead a family, or simply lead a life, it’s my hope that these Fundamentals will find their way into your daily routines and that this book will inspire you to live your life in a way that’s more consistent with the values that are most important to you.”
The book is designed to give insight into:
- The eight key steps the most successful companies use to institutionalize their values
- Why listening can actually have more impact than speaking
- What a “filter” is and how it affects everything we believe to be true
- The five components of good decisions
- The role of curiosity in increasing effectiveness
- Why “rebar” is the key to creating lasting change
Readers have called Fundamentally Different “a fun and thought-provoking read” and “an excellent guide for living a life, not just running a business.”
More information on David J. Friedman, his “30 Fundamentals” and the book, Fundamentally Different, can be found at DJFriedman.com.