Investigators from the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office (GCPO) said the body of an unidentified white woman was discovered along the shoreline by a helicopter pilot flying near the Wheelabrator solid waste disposal plant on January 15.
Authorities note that the cause and time of her death could not be determined.
The woman is estimated to be between 30 and 60 years old, between five-feet-five-inches and five-feet-seven-inches tall, and 160 to 180 pounds. She was described as having salt-and-pepper hair that appeared to have been dyed brown.
The woman was found wearing:
- an extra-large, black, Seventy-Seven-brand hooded, fur-lined jacket;
- a gray, ENYCE hooded sweatshirt;
- a blue, Destiny-brand denim jacket;
- a blue Cellucap tyvek shirt "similar to hospital attire," the statement notes;
- blue Liz Claiborne cotton pants, size 14W;
- size nine New Balance 690 female sneakers;
- brown socks with rubber grips, also "similar to hospital attire."
Anyone with information about the victim is asked to contact GCPO Detective Anthony Garbarino at 856-384-5619.